Clara Gluten Free

Avocado-Tomato Melts

I'm not sure which is more popular at my house- avocado or caramel. But since I was on the hot seat (tee hee) for making lunch, I decided to make avocado melts. It helped that I got five of them on sale over the weekend. 


I started with a base-recipe of tofu-cheddar cheese melts, but tricked out them with avocado and tomatoes for variety and flavor. Like guacamole, but a sandwich. Actually, you could add some garlic/garlic powder and onion/onion to the melts, if you wanted. And some lime juice- it really would be a guacamole melt. None of these were on hand for me, so I made avocado + tomato melts. Which of course equals summer produce melts.

Avocado-Tomato Tofu Melts- makes 8 melts

2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced
2 tomatos, sliced into 
8 oz cheese, sliced
1 package tofu, drained and sliced
8 slices of bread

1- Prepare and slice veggies and cheese. 

2- Broil both sides of the bread until lightly golden, about 3 minutes per side.

3- Layer tofu, avocado, and tomato on each piece of bread. Top with sliced cheese.

4- Broil the melts for an additional 3-5 minutes to melt and brown the cheese. Remove from oven. Allow to cool and set, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately. 




2 comments: