Clara Gluten Free

Salmon Salad

Two things I have noticed- 1, it is hot outside; 2- I like my food cold when it is hot outside; 2.5- bonus points for seasonal ingredients. So, with the help of my hungry friends/the fam, we thought up this here dinner:


I was wandering around on the Foodily's a few weeks ago, looking for ideas for stuff to make (what...there's work to do?? nah) and came across various ideas for grilled/baked/poached salmon with blackberries a.k.a- Happy Summer! But I remembered this discovery the other day, only after I had already grilled my salmon. Which meant, grilled salmon salad with berries for all! 

Grilled Salmon Summer Salad- serves 6
*Note: I like my salads dry, so I did not use or mix up a dressing. However, a light vinaigrette, will accent the salad better than a heavier cream dressing. I would recommend a simple oil + vinegar combination, a light berry vinaigrette, or a mild balsamic. 

approx 1.5 lbs of salmon, grilled and chilled
3 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 cup black berries
3/4 cup blue berries
4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, sliced into cubes
2 cups cherry tomatoes
3 large carrots, peeled and sliced into disks
1/2 head iceberg lettuce
1 bunch romaine lettuce

1- Mix salmon and mustard to make the salmon salad. Add salt and pepper, if desired. Chill.

2- Wash and thoroughly dry the produce. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, berries, cheese, and tomatoes. Try to add the berries and tomatoes at the end, to keep them on the top of the salad. Top with salmon salad and serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment